- How do I make a submission? Use the submission form on the OTT.X Impact Awards website – https://ottximpactawards.org. Submission fee is $20 and is complimentary for OTT.X members.
- What are the eligibility requirements for content? The title or series must:
- Content must premier in the U.S. on an OTT channel or platform
- Maintain exclusive availability via OTT distribution and be available in the US for at least 3 weeks
- Be available via OTT streaming for at least 3 weeks during the period from October 1, 2020 to November 12, 2021.
- What are the award categories? Awards will be made for the most impactful:
- Full-length, fiction title
- Full-length, non-fiction title
- Short, fiction title
- Short, non-fiction title
Note: Full length is designated as 50 minutes or longer, Shorts are designated as less than 50 minutes. Series category accepts fiction and non-fiction of any duration.
- What does it mean for content to be impactful?
Impact will be evaluated based on the content’s capacity to inspire positive action and promote acceptance of all people.
- When are submission deadlines? Deadline for content submission is November 12, 2021.
- When will winners be announced? Winners will be announced at the live, Impact Awards Ceremony to be held at the IPIC Theatres in Westwood California on December 7, 2021
- Who can attend the awards ceremony? The awards ceremony will be held live at the IPIC Theatres in Westwood CA during the OTT.X Holiday Salon. In-person attendance is open to a limited number of attendees from all member organizations. Al-a-cart registration for the Awards Ceremony is $20 and is complimentary for OTT.X members and awards nominees. Registration is through the OTT.X website- http://ottx.org. Contact Impactawards@ottx.org for more information.
- How will award acceptance be made? Award winners may accept live during the ceremony.
- Can platforms be awarded for content they license and make available on their platform? Yes. OTT retailers, channels, networks, and platform are eligible provided the content premiers and is exclusively licensed on that platform for at least 3 weeks.
- Is content eligible if it has aired on television or been displayed in theatres? Yes – as long is at meets the criteria for the awards.
- Does the creator/producer need to meet a minimum age requirement in order to be nominated? No.
- How does the selection process work? Winners will be decided by a vote of the OTT.X Impact Awards selection committee.
- Does content that premiered on YouTube, TikTok, Vimeo or other open, user submitted distribution platforms qualify for submission? Yes, provided it meets the eligibility requirements.
- Does content that premiered as a live-stream qualify for nomination? Yes, provided it meets the eligibility requirements.
- If a title is not selected for an award, will feedback be provided about why? No.
- Do you offer fee waivers? No, other than other than those for OTT.X members whose submission is complimentary
- How many titles may a single organizations submit? A single organization can submit up to 2 titles per category or up to 3 when only 1 category is being submitted
For more information contact Impactawards@ottx.org